As part of the Abu Dhabi Food Control Authority (ADFCA) strategy to apply the farm-to fork vision and ensure reliable and effective food safety & security in the emirate, ADFCA commissioned GPC in 2015 to develop a geoportal and suite of applications to support its internal operations, farmers services, strategic government partners collaboration activities, in addition to executive decision making. After developing, commissioning, and rolling out successfully the solution for ADFCA on 2016, GPC continued providing on-site/ offsite support services to ADFCA until the end of 2019 in alignment with their priority areas and end users support needs. The operational support areas comprised, but were not limited to, the following:
- Operational enhancements of the GeoSmart applications suite: As part of the daily use of the Geo portal and applications suite within ADFCA, GPC provided onsite resources that supported on periodical operational enhancements and bug fixing of the existing applications.
- Periodical data readiness assessment studies: Since ADFCA deals with a variety of internal and external data sources to support its operations, it follows that the GPC team consulted the ADFCA GeoSmart team on the best access and utilization of such data including spatial data infrastructure such as topo basemap, environmental data, water sources, etc. in addition to farms and farmers data captured and maintained by ADFCA.
- Adhoc reports generation and analysis: Towards fulfillment of executive management adhoc requests, the GPC team provided periodical operational support to the ADFCA GeoSmart team in relation to data preparation, analysis, and representation to support various types of enquiries and decision support actions/ recommendations.
- Innovation technology developments and POCs: As part of continuous improvement, ADFCA develops periodically POCs on several priority topics and business areas that could be spatially enabled such as provision of mobile inspection solutions, spatially enabled e-services for farmers, technology infrastructure upgrade and migration, and others. GPC provided technical consultancy as part of operational support to ADFCA on various POCs and technology evaluations/ studies as indicated in here.
- Participation in outreach events: ADFCA leads, sponsors, and/ or participates in several outreach and communication events nationally and internationally where food safety & security as well as sound practices in the industry are promoted, in addition to general public awareness building. GPC provided through its operational support services, several support and facilitation activities to ADFCA on outreach events preparations and/ or participations as necessary where geospatial data, services, and analytics provided value add and contributed to the outreach strategy of ADFCA.
Key Operational Statistics