Kuwait Environmental Protection Law through the Enhancement of the eMISK
CLIENT: United Nations Development Programme
The UNDP/KW/KEGI Project No. 0096804 is aimed at “Promoting the Implementation of the Kuwait Environmental Protection Law (EPL) Through the Enhancement of the Data Quality of the Environmental Monitoring Information System of Kuwait (eMISK)”. This project is being conducted by the Kuwait Environment Public Authority (KEPA) as one of several programs within the Kuwait Environmental Governance Initiative (KEGI) Project being supported by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
The ultimate objective of this project is to perform a comprehensive analysis of the current eMISK data-models and all tabulated data and data layers. It also includes the analysis of the current and potential data needs that may arise in support of the activities performed by KEPA to support the reinforcement of the Environment Protection Law (EPL) and the commitments of KEPA towards the national, regional and international environment community. In addition, the project aims to develop the skills of KEPA staff to perform the data analysis and validation tasks through training and workshops.
The current UNDP project is aiming at enhancing the Data Quality of the Environmental Monitoring Information System of Kuwait (eMISK) through:
- Developing a comprehensive report on the data gap analysis
- Developing a guideline for Environmental data validation and data verification.
- Identifying the data gaps, sources, acquisition methods and required level of details.
- Identifying the datasets that should/could collected through direct electronic linking.
- Assessing the eMISK Geo-database data model.
- Providing a generic action plan that can be used in planning for improved capacity of KEPA current tasks and responsibilities.
- Providing a proper and comprehensive training program.