The ultimate objective of the project is to support the development (plan, design, implementation & rollout) of the E-NOC solution to address the needs of Etihad Rail. This will eventually introduce efficiencies and effectiveness in the business activities and streamline service provisioning to contractors, consultants, developers, utilities, infrastructure service providers, and government Entities.
Main Objectives are:
- Automate the No-Objection-Certificates (NOCs) services across all UAE
- Streamline internal processes including improving efficiencies and strengthening coordination
- Enhance governance and performance monitoring via advanced reporting and dashboarding analysis capabilities
- Transform the services while maintaining access to historical information
- Develop a unified online platform integrated with internal and external government systems, as needed
How GPC Empowers the Client
- Timely achievement of the NOC strategic targets and operational KPIs as per the direction of Etihad Rail
- Complete integration with the internal supporting processes as well as urban planning approvals and land administration processes across local government (s)
- Alignment with the capital investment planning and asset management sound practices followed by Etihad Rail
- Alignment with other relevant initiatives under development at Etihad Rail and across the stakeholder entities.
The Bottom Line
The ER E-NOC solution is the seamless integration of a variety of fragmented NOC & Approval processes and outcomes in coordination with key internal and external stakeholders. This integration facilitates better coordination and decision making, optimized provision of public services, and enhanced customer trust and satisfaction by making the process more streamlined, predictable, and transparent to the applicants as well as to the approving organizations.
About Our Customer
Etihad Rail manages the development, construction and operation of the UAE’s national freight and passenger railway network. The railway network will link the principal centers of population and industry of the UAE and will form a vital part of the planned railway network across the GCC.
Etihad Rail is in the process of transforming their E-NOC services as part of a continuous improvement endeavor towards strengthening the NOC & Approvals development control process as part of daily operations. In that regard, Etihad Rail has initiated a process for unifying the shared services related to NOCs & Approvals and are envisioning developing centralized corporate services supported by an E-NOC solution.
The intent of those activities is to encompass progressively over time the latest developments in business processes, enhanced service provisioning under the notion of a one-stop-shop customer service, targeted levels of service and improved performance in collaboration with the government stakeholder entities that play specific roles in the NOC process, each as per their mandate and domain expertise. Concurrently, Etihad Rail gives particular importance to the integration of the E-NOC solution with other NOC & approvals within the organization and across the stakeholder entities towards the provision of integrated and comprehensive tip to tip e-services.
The e-NOC System will allow the Applicant to apply for a NOC, view NOC application status, update NOC applications, and receive the final NOC through the system. It will allow E-NOC System internal users to manage and review NOCs, as well as comment notify other users about NOCs. The system will facilitate 100% electronic, paperless processes and automate many previous actions in ER’s NOC application process.
The system will have the following main key features:
- Core Functional Requirements
- Spatial & Geographic Data
- Location & Conflict Analytics
- Digital Stamp
- Reports & Dashboards
- Mobile Application
The platform infrastructure capabilities comprise and/or integrate with the following:
Web portal, Public web pages, Reports & Dashboards, Customized Business Process Management (BPM) Engine, Business Rules Engine, Geographic Information System (GIS) and CAD Tools, Document Management System (DMS), Mobile Channel
- Crossing of roles and responsibilities among the stakeholder entities adds complexity to the NOC process
- The legacy technology solutions would have their limitations in terms of workflow management, information traceability and notifications, permit types’ complete coverage among all stakeholder entities, etc.
- Challenges in accessing and retrieving reliable, accurate and timely information from the enterprise solutions to support daily transactions (compounded by poor archiving)
- The need to migrate legacy NOC data into the envisaged E-NOC solution
- The driving factors for achieving the transformation vision towards streamlined NOCs, approvals, and permissions
The solution will be hosted on Microsoft Azure cloud infrastructure setup as part of the solution deployment and rollout.
Benefits or Results