GPC develops the GeoSmart solution for MAFP that provides a foundation capability towards enterprise information management
MAFP as one of the renowned real estate developers in the MENA region, started exploring recently opportunities towards unifying and integrating scattered information related to their operations among various communities and across multiple disciplines. Urban master planners, infrastructure projects supervisors, assets and facilities managers, sustainability experts, sales representatives, and others identified in the MAFP GeoSmart solution a platform through which they can easily access integrated information any time and take the necessary decisions.
How GPC empowers the client
GPC leveraged its expertise and knowhow to develop with the client a proof of concept where several use cases were demonstrated to the to concerned stakeholders in the organization including higher management. This was followed up by an agile implementation approach through which several application modules span off by leveraging the foundation capabilities of an enterprise solution platform. Several underlying tools and methods were applied as part of the process that encompassed asset and facilities management, master planning libraries management, land use calculations, community facilities calculations, traffic demand calculation, utilities demand calculations, projects performance tracking, sales & marketing, business analytics via dashboards, etc. The solution components proved to be very valuable for various stakeholders in the organization including urban planners, projects supersviors, sales & marketing, asset and facility managers, executive management, and others.
The bottom line
The transformation from disparate and scattered sources of information in the enterprise into integrated access to information via a common platform brought about substantial efficiencies in operations and a solid step towards spatially informed decision making in the organization.
About our customer
- Customer: MAFP is a key line of business within MAF group of companies. They develop several renowned communities in the MENA region such as Al Mouj in Oman, Tilal Al Gaf in Dubai, and Waterfront in Lebanon. They manage a turnover of several trillion dollars annually. Furthermore, their services are adapted to their communities needs including providing turnkey solutions that span idea generation, development, operations & maintenance, and even after-sales support.
- Challenge: innovation, digital transformation, sustainability and smart communities are both a challenge and opportunity that MAFP continuously pursue in their drive towards bettering their clientele value added services as part of fully immersed and unique customer experiences.
- Hosted: the GeoSmart solution was developed and rolled out for MAFP using cloud infrastructure services which provides the means to scale the solution appropriately at any point in time based on the business direction.
- Solution: the GeoSmart solution is designed in such a way that is modular, scalable, and connected via integration with other enterprise data sources to provide single point of truth of information and decision support
- Benefit or results: the MAFP GeoSmart solution resulted in several benefits to the organization as follows:
- Streamlined common information management among various stakeholders in the organization across multiple disciplines including internal staff in addition to consultants and contractors
- Contributed to accelerated procedures and standards unification in the organization among various disciplines such as land use, buildings design libraries, sales units promotion based on location, etc.
- Provided a platform through which further solutions will evolve in the future to serve the growing needs in the organization such as malls siting, facilities management, and others
- Provided an integrated view on information to support operational activities and day to day decision making
In the words of MAF GIS Manager, Aiham Tayar: “The MAFP GeoSmart solution has enabled us to transform scattered spatial and aspatial information into a unified enterprise digital environment. This has allowed our end users in various communities and across multiple disciplines to better analyze their respective operational activities and take better spatially-informed decisions.”